- RSS Channel Showcase 8783003
- RSS Channel Showcase 2722366
- RSS Channel Showcase 3236512
- RSS Channel Showcase 4799756
Articles on this Page
- 07/14/15--20:30: _Bryan Singer Teases...
- 11/01/15--06:00: _Surprise, Puddin: H...
- 11/01/15--10:00: _This Year You Outdi...
- 01/01/16--10:45: _This Cat Seems Real...
- 03/23/16--14:10: _These Horrendous Ma...
- 05/05/16--08:12: _The Power Rangers H...
- 06/05/16--12:16: _The Girl Who Wore A...
- 07/13/15--16:01: _Deadpool and Disney...
- 09/25/15--04:19: _Dressing room monta...
- 04/29/16--05:44: _‘Star Trek Beyond’ ...
- 05/05/16--03:38: _New Power Rangers C...
- 07/22/16--02:58: _An up-close look at...
- 10/17/16--04:30: _25 Easy And Funny C...
- 10/31/16--12:46: _Still Looking For A...
- 05/23/17--05:50: _Behold The ‘Star Wa...
- 07/04/14--05:00: _Let Freedom Ring Wi...
- 07/04/14--09:00: _Dog Bless America: ...
- 07/24/14--05:30: _Comic-Con: Behold T...
- 07/29/14--05:30: _Shut It Down: This ...
- 07/29/14--04:13: _All The Best Cospla...
- 07/31/14--06:10: _Stay Classy, San Di...
- 08/22/14--11:50: _Of Course Someone’s...
- 08/26/14--05:30: _Battle Armor Disney...
- 08/28/14--05:30: _Let’s Celebrate Nat...
- 08/28/14--12:10: _Our Ghostbusters Da...
- 09/11/14--06:10: _Kiba The Cosplaying...
- 09/15/14--04:30: _When IKEA Holds A C...
- 09/18/14--05:30: _Because They Do Mov...
- 09/23/14--09:10: _Let’s Commemorate N...
- 09/29/14--23:58: _Watch designer Jum ...
- 10/01/14--05:30: _Here Are Some Geeky...
- 10/01/14--12:20: _Please Enjoy These ...
- 10/02/14--05:45: _Check Out These Fun...
- 10/03/14--05:15: _Here Are Even More ...
- 10/06/14--05:00: _Danger Zone! Here A...
- 10/13/14--05:00: _Want To See Cute An...
- 10/14/14--05:30: _These Cute Animals ...
- 10/17/14--05:00: _These Cats And Dogs...
- 10/25/14--16:40: _Jim Carrey, Kate Mc...
- 11/03/14--13:15: _The With Spandex Ha...
- 03/27/15--09:25: _Ryan Reynolds Revea...
- 04/05/15--08:45: _Wearing The Classic...
- 04/17/15--04:20: _5 tantalizing ‘The ...
- 05/03/15--09:50: _A closer look at th...
- 05/05/15--09:20: _Behind The Viral Im...
- 05/12/15--05:45: _Charlize Theron Pla...
- 06/29/15--17:00: _Here’s The First Lo...
- 07/09/15--13:51: _Captain Marvel to F...
- 07/12/15--21:00: _18 cosplayers who C...
- 09/30/17--05:00: _Make Your ‘It’ Insp...
- 05/05/16--08:12: The Power Rangers Have New Suits, Possibly Designed By Tony Stark
- 07/13/15--16:01: Deadpool and Disney: Two cosplay trends that took over Comic-Con
- 04/29/16--05:44: ‘Star Trek Beyond’ photos have new uniforms, new tech, new aliens
- 05/05/16--03:38: New Power Rangers Costumes Feature Boob Armor. Because of Course.
- 07/22/16--02:58: An up-close look at the colorful costumes of ‘Wonder Woman’
- 10/17/16--04:30: 25 Easy And Funny Couples Halloween Costumes
- 07/04/14--05:00: Let Freedom Ring With Awesome And Impressive Captain America Cosplay
- 07/29/14--04:13: All The Best Cosplay At Comic-Con 2014
- 09/11/14--06:10: Kiba The Cosplaying Corgi Had Us At ‘Cosplaying Corgi’
- 09/15/14--04:30: When IKEA Holds A Costume Contest, We All Win.
- 09/23/14--09:10: Let’s Commemorate Nintendo’s 125th Birthday With Fun Costumes
- 10/01/14--05:30: Here Are Some Geeky Halloween Costumes To Try Out This Year
- 10/03/14--05:15: Here Are Even More Funny Pop Culture Halloween Costumes
- 10/14/14--05:30: These Cute Animals In Halloween Costumes Are Going Geeky This Year
- 03/27/15--09:25: Ryan Reynolds Revealed Deadpool’s Suit In Fine Wade Wilson Fashion
- 05/03/15--09:50: A closer look at the outrageous costumes of ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’
- 07/09/15--13:51: Captain Marvel to Furi-ELSA: Best of Day One Comic-Con cosplay
- 07/12/15--21:00: 18 cosplayers who COMPLETELY stole the show at Comic-Con
Although the San Diego Comic-Con is over, trailers, bootlegs and interviews are still pouring forth from the comic book and fantasy media frenzy. Case in point, Bryan Singer’s interview with Yahoo! News , where he took fan-submitted questions and answered them on camera. One of the more interesting exchanges concerned the look of the characters in X-Men: Apocalypse , and whether or not they’d resemble their comic book forebears.
Comic-Con International 2015 - 20th Century FOX PanelsumtexanguyComic-Con International 2015 - 20th Century FOX Panel
As predicted about a week ago, Harley Quinn was a major contender for the Halloween crown in terms of sheer numbers who embraced the character for their own (ideally) drunken revelry. In retrospect, this collective decision isn’t surprising at all. Indeed, ever since Suicide Squad promotion began, Harley’s been a crowd favorite. Men want her so badly, and women think she’s pretty badass with a sweet sense of complimentary color coordination.
The Flintstones were there. The Star Wars crew and Kardashian-West family too. Side by side Cat and the Hats showed up a little late, but they made it. Everyone came out this year. Where the hell were you? The cereal box gang even showed up right around the time Olaf and Elsa did a surprise set.
Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 8.10.39 AMparkerhilton
2016 is the Year Of The Monkey in the Chinese zodiac calendar, so YouTube cat hoarder 10 Cats celebrated by convincing a cat to dress as a monkey. Between this and drunk Don Lemon and Twitter roasting Jenny McCarthy , 2016 is already starting right.
We can’t help but giggle at this awfully patient ginger tabby cat named Osamu willing to go to embarrassing lengths to get a banana.
Marvel, at the moment, enjoys two movie studios that are carefully overseeing every aspect of its movies, right down to costume design. Modern technology and materials, backed by enormous budgets, let costume designers build superhero outfits for the Avengers that both look good and make sense. But Marvel’s heroes weren’t always so lucky.
The most prominent film studio fashion victim, by far, is Captain America.
Lionsgate’s upcoming Power Rangers movie has already taken a few liberties with the source material. Elizabeth Banks’ Rita Repulsa is practically unrecognizable . So perhaps it’s not surprising that the rangers have turned in their Lycra and motorcycle helmets for something a bit more Tony Stark:
The idea behind these costumes, according to the designer, is that it’s alien technology that grows over our heroes as armor, not a costume they climb into.
power rangersdanuproxxpower rangers
What little girl hasn’t grown up being bombarded with princess imagery? From a young age, we’re taught to express our femininity by loving pink, dresses, and waiting for Prince Charming to rescue us.
girl in hot dog costumefeminist3
For four days a year, San Diego is transformed into a magical place that is basically Halloween for adults (minus the free candy). Hundreds of fans turn out in costume to show off untold hours of blood, sweat, and tears they put into perfecting their look.
For the final cosplay gallery of Comic-Con 2015, HitFix Harpy looks back at two trends that were everywhere this year.
There is a wide world of comic books out there beyond the looming shadow of DC and Marvel. It is easier than ever for indie publishers to find an audience or for writers and artists to cut the middle man out altogether. One such small print house is Black Mask Studios . Their motto is to support “and advocates for subversive artists” so it should come as no surprise they”d jump head first into taking decades of costuming options for superhero women to task.
Does anyone else feel like Star Trek Beyond has gotten a little lost in the summer blockbuster shuffle? With superhero season pulling the most of the attention, the Justin Lin director Star Trek film has been pushed further down the hype ladder. That”s not to say fans (including myself) aren”t looking forward to the flick! It”s just something I”ve noticed and wondered if y”all noticed it, too.
The Power Rangers, much like comic book superheroes, are popular the world over. So it's no surprise a new incarnation of their costumes would garner some strong opinions from fans.
Seriously though, almost every Marvel and DC hero that's wound up on film or television in the last few years has gotten crap for their costume design.
We”re still almost a year away from Wonder Woman”s solo film, but her presence is everywhere at San Diego Comic-Con this year. 2016 is the 75th anniversary of Wonder Woman, and DC Comics has pulled out all the stops. From comics to television to film, it is the time of Diana Prince.
The centerpiece of it all sits at the DC Booth on the Comic-Con show floor.
It's October, so we're sharing funny couples Halloween costumes you may actually want to try.
Funny Couples Costumes -- cosplay-southpark-terrance-and-phillip-and-the-queef-sisters-01ludditeandroiddiy couples halloween costumesEasy Couples Halloween CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples CostumesFunny Couples Costumes
It's not too late (for most of these)!
The cast of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" show off their costumes on the cover of Vanity Fair.
For Independence Day, please enjoy these exceptional costumes from fans of Captain America, American Dream, USO girls, and more.
cosplay-captainamerica-38-croppedludditeandroidcosplay-captainamerica-ironman-crossplay-01cosplay-captainamerica-dog-5Captain America dogcosplay-captainamerica-44cosplay-captainamerica-uso-girls-06cosplay-captainamerica-and-iron-man-matadors-01cosplay-captainamerica-42cosplay-captainamerica-38cosplay-captainamerica-burlesque-01cosplay-captainamerica-and-bane-01a
Could we interest you in 25 jubilant and adorable dogs celebrating the Fourth of July in style? USA! USA! USA!
Our first Comic-Con tidbit from 'Batman V Superman'... looks pretty good, actually.
We were so impressed by these 'Pulp Fiction' cosplayers at Comic-Con that we had to track down their identities and find more pictures.
If you didn't make it to San Diego Comic-Con 2014, don't you fret: we've already covered the many sights and sounds from the convention.
But if it's cosplay you're after, we've made it even easier. HitFix's own Donna Dickens tracked down snapshots of the best mini-conventioners (kids!), the superheroes, the celebrities plus the best of the rest this year
Click below for all of your new favorite costumes!
Here are some of our favorite costumes from this year's San Diego Comic-Con, featuring Archer, X-Men, multiple Rocket Raccoons, and more.
Serious illness, HILARIOUS costume.
ice bucket costumejoshuproxxweird al ice bucketking tapcostume ice bucketice bucket dude
These Battle Armor Disney Princesses are ready to fight the dragons themselves. Well, almost.
To celebrate National Ghostbusters Day, we've busted out our favorite Ghostbusters cosplay because bustin' makes us feel good.
For National Ghostbusters Day, we've busted out a second gallery of our favorite Ghostbusters cosplay because bustin' makes us feel good.
Kiba The Cosplaying Corgi arrives just in time to pull us all out of the doldrums.
IKEA's Malaysian division announced a contest, asking their Facebook fans to dress up as any IKEA product. The results are spectacular.
Marv the dog reluctantly celebrates his first birthday with an unwelcome Jurassic Park themed gift in this perfectly-timed video.
Nintendo was founded 125 years ago today, so let's check out costumes for some of the most recognizable characters to any Nintendo fan.
Japanese-Brazilian fashion designer Jum Nakao is fascinated by paper. He sees the material as both “very ephemeral, very fragile” and, with the right words scribbled across it, powerful enough to change the world. So when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences asked Nakao to create a piece celebrating the opening of its upcoming “Hollywood Costume,” the artist naturally went back to the page.
Here are 25 costume ideas for geeks who don't want to spend a lot of time or money making a slapdash costume this Halloween.
Here are 25 pop culture costumes of varying difficulty, all unified in being creatively executed and instantly recognizable to many.
We've collected 25 costumes that are inexpensive enough that you won't have to become a meth kingpin to afford them. Unless you want to.
Here are 25 more funny Halloween costumes from pop culture, with an emphasis on ones that are less difficult to replicate.
We have 25 more Halloween costumes based on recognizable TV show characters. SPLOOSH.
Halloween is coming, and we've already recommended funny costumes for people, but what about our pets? Who will humiliate them, if not us?
These adorable cats and dogs are modeling the finest of geeky Halloween costumes while plotting revenge.
All the cute pets in Halloween costumes that didn't get featured in our other galleries are still having their day, but not their dignity.
Sia's “Chandelier” may be one of the most ubiquitous music videos of the year, and thus its wig-bearing, nude-leotard-wearing dancer — Maddie Ziegler — one of the most sought-after Halloween costumes this fall.
“Saturday Night Live” host Jim Carrey and cast member Kate McKinnon had exactly that thing on their mind, as they both showed up to a costume contest with the moves to match on tonight's episode.
Did you dress up for Halloween? These wrestling fans did, and it ruled.
piper ambrose bryan goldustbrandonstroudsurfer sting header
Deadpool is ready for you.
Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio did a Reddit AMA to promote the premiere of 'Daredevil' on Netflix.
Right now in Anaheim, California fans of Star Wars are walking amongst display cases that feature costumes and props from the upcoming “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” Luckily for the rest of us, they”ve been taking photos.
WARNING: SPOILERS FOR “THE FORCE AWAKENS” BEYOND THIS POINT.
Seriously. While Disney/Lucasfilm approved all these items for display, they each have a tantalizing detail that some could considered ruinous for their movie enjoyment this December.
The last time I saw Warner Bros. put together a big soundstage full of costumes for a film, it was “Man Of Steel,” and my kids loved getting the chance to get close up to Superman's costume or the twisted bank vault door.
At Friday's “Mad Max: Fury Road” press day, they had a soundstage set up for all of the interviews and then also to display some of the costuming from the movie.
Behind the viral image interview: The man dressed as a giant pug holding a pug explains how and why he pranked his dog.
Charlize Theron and Jimmy Fallon picked each others crazy outfits on Monday night's episode of 'The Tonight Show.'
Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 12.29.51 AMaaronflux
All you have to do is imagine the actresses wearing these 'Ghostbusters' uniforms, and it's like looking at a poster.
Ghostbusters costumesashleyuproxxKristen Wiig and Paul Feig
It”s here! San Diego Comic-Con is upon us again. And what would a convention celebrating the best of popular culture be without cosplayers?
Super boring, that”s what.
While crowds are lighter on Thursday, all that means is it”s easier to spot and flag down a cosplayer and more room to take photos! There were the usual suspects: from Disney Princesses and Spider-Men, no fandom is left wanting.
Another San Diego Comic-Con has come and gone. And while we all must return our everyday lives – where seeing the embodiment of Death or a proper English Cthulhu on the street is out of the ordinary – the photos live on forever.
As always, the cosplayers came out in droves to show off untold hours of blood, sweat, and tears that went into accurately reproducing their favorite characters.
'It' baddie Pennywise will be EVERYWHERE come Halloween, but that doesn't mean you should pass on going as Stephen King creation.